As the old saying goes – first impressions are everything! When getting your home ready to go on the market the curb appeal of your home is going to set that first impression and invite potential buyers in. Here are some helpful tips when getting your home ready for market to make sure it leaves that lasting – positive – impression!
- Make sure your lawn is looking green and fertilized. You might need to adjust your watering patterns and do some overseeding to make sure it is looking full and fresh!
- Mulch those grounds! Adding the minimal cost of new mulch gives a fresh look that will surely make your home stand out.
- Remove dead or dying plants. Dying plants gives the impression you don’t take care of your property in general. Eliminate these red flags before they add the eyesore to your listing.
- Repaint your door and add an inviting mat. It takes a Realtor a few minutes to get into the home so Buyers will be studying what is around the front of the house.
- Drive by both directions from your house and look through the eyes of a Buyer – what do you notice that you might overlook with your everyday routine?
- What are your digits? Make sure your address is easy to find and read.
- Spice things up with some color! A few inviting potted plants can add a lot to the front entrance of your home.
A few of these small tips can ensure your home is looking it’s best! If you’d like a walkthrough and consultation to get your home ready for market, that’s what I’m here for! I can share with you what Buyer’s feedback normally is and get your home looking great!